Search This Blog

Follow by Email

Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Why am I riding from CA to TN round trip in about 10 days?

Good question. To hang with the ABioBikers pack in Deals Gap, get away from home for a while, and something else. Please refer to the Lightweight Tourers Comparison from Jun. 15, 1996. Yes this is old. In 1994 I drove my '86 Concours from Monterey, CA to San Angelo, TX and a few months later to St. Paul, MN. I really enjoyed being alone with the road for days on end. In 2001 I picked up a BMW R1100RT in Breckenridge, CO and drove it home to CA over Thanksgiving weekend. I froze my butt off but it was a good trip. My '01 ST1100 is the third of the set. I really like the bike but I've never had it out of the state. Is this a good enough reason to spend the money and vacation time to travel 5,000 miles? I don't know. It doesn't really matter. That's the plan.

No comments: